Acceptable Use Policy (AUP)
General Terms and conditions of Milano Ventures Acceptable Use Policy (AUP)
All MILANO VENTURES’ users, clients and employees, including users and clients of Wornex International (Ireland), NEXUS-IBA, EGR, IRRS, and their clients, if they are acting as a reseller of MILANO VENTURE’s services, are bound by the following Acceptable Use Policy (AUP). This document may be updated from time to time. Therefore, please consult this site periodically for the most recent revision of this document.
Services must NOT be directly or indirectly used for anything illegal or anything that adversely affects MILANO VENTURES’ legal interests. The following list is non-exclusive and should NOT be considered license to commit other illegal activities not specified below. All illegal activities are prohibited, and MILANO VENTURES will cooperate fully with any law enforcement officials and agencies investigating and/or prosecuting such activities. Please consult an attorney if you are unsure of the legal status of your activities.
Not acceptable use policies
Customers and Users may NOT use our services and servers for:
- Cracking/Hacking — attempts to access accounts or systems other than the user’s own accounts or systems or an account or system that the user has been explicitly authorised to access is illegal.
- Child pornography or other indecent or immoral content;
- Pyramid schemes or fraud:
- Theft of services – attempts to utilise services that are not contracted for is considered theft and will be dealt with as such:
- Harassment – use of MILANO VENTURES’ network to harass or threaten (in the legal sense of those terms) any other person or organisation is prohibited:
- Content that advocates, promotes, or otherwise encourages violence against governments, organisations, groups or individuals or provides instruction, information, or assistance in causing or carrying out such violence.
- Selling any illicit goods or services in the location where the content is posted or received or the goods or services delivered.
Additional not acceptable use policies
Customers and Users also may NOT:
- Do anything that threatens the integrity of the MILANO VENTURES network or the utilisation thereof by other persons.
- Post any content that holds MILANO VENTURES (including its affiliates), employees or shareholders up to public scorn or ridicule or would in any way damage or impair MILANO VENTURES’ reputation or goodwill.
- Delete or alter author attributes, copyright notices, or other copyright management information unless expressly permitted in writing by the author or owner.
- Use MILANO VENTURES services to post libellous, defamatory, scandalous, threatening, harassing or private information without the permission of the person(s) involved or posting content that is likely to cause emotional distress.
- Commit a Denial Of Service (DOS) attack against any website, network or service. Similarly, no MILANO VENTURES member or Customer will willfully or negligently allow incitement of others to attack any website or network.
- Utilise the Services to resell access to CGI scripts installed on MILANO VENTURES’ servers.
- Do anything that could get any portion of MILANO VENTURES’ IP space put on an RBL or BL ( Real-time Blacklist or Blacklist) as maintained by MAPS (http://www.mail-abuse.com) or other similar organisations, or perform activities that would cause portions of the Internet to refuse to route traffic to any portion of MILANO VENTURES’ IP space.
- Perform actions that cause unusual load on MILANO VENTURES servers (for example, mail servers, web servers, forum or discussion servers, name servers, etc.) that cause slowness or denial of service to other MILANO VENTURES users or customers.
- Do anything that threatens the Internet or any other network.
- Take actions that cause any portion of the Internet, or the Internet as a whole, to become unusable to any other portion of the Internet or the Internet as a whole.
- Take actions that degrade the usefulness of the Internet, or any portion of the Internet, either through network degradation, flooding of discussion groups or fora (forums), email, chats, comments, contact forms or so on.
Customers and Users must adhere to the following rules regarding Email, SPAM and Unsolicited Emails:
No spam may originate from MILANO VENTURES IP space
- No user or Customer may send unsolicited commercial email, unsolicited mass mailings, spam or mail marketing (unless otherwise agreed separately by a written agreement that establishes that all mail marketing communication fully complies with the national and European law), flood newsgroups, or anything of that sort. If you have questions about what is allowed and what is not, please refer to http://spam.abuse.net and email support AT Milano Ventures.org for clarification.
- No spam may advertise sites or services on MILANO VENTURES IP space (even if the spam originates elsewhere).
- No MILANO VENTURES user or Customer shall use third-party mail servers to relay spam. This is considered a DOS attack on the third party and will be treated as such.
- No user or Customer shall participate in pyramid schemes or email chain letters.
- No MILANO VENTURES user or Customer may use MILANO VENTURES’ facilities to host software or lists for mass mailing of any kind without previous authorisation by MILANO VENTURES is forbidden. In any case, sending unsolicited emails from MILANO VENTURES servers is strictly prohibited.
- No MILANO VENTURES user or Customer may utilise any services internal or external to our network to conduct port scans or other invasive procedures against any server, including using any server without permission, including attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of a server or to breach any security or authentication measures used by a server (except any server for which user is an authorised system administrator).
- No MILANO VENTURES user or Customer may utilise MILANO VENTURES’ services to offer mail services, mail forwarding capabilities, POP accounts, autoresponders or similar goods or services other than for your own MILANO VENTURES account.
MILANO VENTURES mail-out permission policy
MILANO VENTURES prohibits clients and users from sending unsolicited mail, and does not allow the use of third-party, purchased, rented, or harvested mailing lists. Any member or Customer found using MILANO VENTURES resources to send such mail is banned from using our services.
MILANO VENTURES takes several steps to keep abuse to a minimum. Among other things, we:
- Interview new clients and users about the origins of their mailing lists and their marketing practices. Customers and Users who do not meet our standards cannot use the MILANO VENTURES mail services.
- Check each uploaded mailing list for addresses that appear scraped (info@, sales@, etc.) or that otherwise indicate that the mailing list is a potentially third party in nature. If we see anything suspicious, the account is disabled, and the client is contacted.
- Read complaints sent to abuse (at) mv (dot) ie. If we have any concerns, the mailing is stopped, and we contact our client.
Additional User Responsibilities
Customers and Users are also obligated to:
- Maintain and enforce an AUP similar in scope and intent to this document on their clients and users.
- Maintain a policy requiring proper From: and/or Reply-To: headers for email and Usenet postings.
- Maintain proper security on their mail server to prevent the mail server from being used as a spam amplifier by third parties.
- Servers must restrict email relaying. (Not applicable to users or customers who do not maintain a mail server).
- Obtain all required permissions to receive, upload, download, display, distribute, or execute programs or perform other works protected by intellectual property laws, including copyright and patent laws.
Fair Usage of Support Services
Milano Ventures Ltd operates under a Fair Usage Policy of limited Support Services to ensure that customers receive fair and equal quality support from our team.
Support Services or Customer assistance cannot be used in place of Milano Ventures Ltd training, consulting or development work. Doing so prevents our Support Services Team from providing vital support to other customers.
If a customer query is identified as a request for a non-inclusive support service, the Customer will be quoted in line with Milano Ventures Ltd then-current prices.
Unless a customer has signed phone support or extended hours support contract, technical support is available free of charge by email only during regular business hours (8 AM-6 PM Irish time, Mon-Fri, outside of public holidays in Ireland).
Unless agreed otherwise between Milano Ventures Ltd and the Customer, the following services are considered non-inclusive services:
- On-site or remote Training
- Project management
- Database amendments or deletion
- Repetitive change requests
- Out of hours support
- In their sole discretion, any other act or omission that MILANO VENTURES determines to be unacceptable, irrespective of whether such action is reasonable.
- MILANO VENTURES reserves the right to terminate or interrupt any account in part or whole without refund for violation of these Acceptable Use Policy. MILANO VENTURES will make good faith attempts to resolve issues without interruption of service at its sole discretion. In cases where service has been terminated or interrupted, the resolution will be handled on an individual case basis, at MILANO VENTURES’ sole discretion.
- MILANO VENTURES may revise in its sole discretion this Acceptable Use Policy without prior notice. You shall be responsible for periodically reviewing the online Acceptable Use Policy to apprise yourself of any changes thereto. You agree to be bound by all such changes.
Limitations of Liability
MILANO VENTURES (MILANO VENTURES), MILANO VENTURES SUPPLIERS, DISTRIBUTORS, AFFILIATES OR LICENSORS WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES (INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, OR DATA), EVEN IF A PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. FURTHER, NEITHER MILANO VENTURES NOR ANY OF EMPLOYEES, SHAREHOLDERS, SUPPLIERS, DISTRIBUTORS, AFFILIATES OR LICENSORS WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY COMPENSATION, REIMBURSEMENT, OR DAMAGES ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH: (1) YOUR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES, INCLUDING AS A RESULT OF ANY (i) TERMINATION OR SUSPENSION OF OUR AGREEMENT OR YOUR USE OF OR ACCESS TO THE SERVICE OFFERINGS, (ii) OUR DISCONTINUATION OF ANY OR ALL OF THE SERVICE OFFERINGS, OR, (iii) WITHOUT LIMITING ANY OBLIGATIONS UNDER THE SLAS, ANY UNANTICIPATED OR UNSCHEDULED DOWNTIME OF ALL OR A PORTION OF THE SERVICES FOR ANY REASON, INCLUDING AS A RESULT OF POWER OUTAGES, SYSTEM FAILURES OR OTHER INTERRUPTIONS; (2) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; (3) ANY INVESTMENTS, EXPENDITURES, OR COMMITMENTS BY YOU IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT OR YOUR USE OF OR ACCESS TO THE SERVICE OFFERINGS; OR (4) ANY UNAUTHORISED ACCESS TO, ALTERATION OF, OR THE DELETION, DESTRUCTION, DAMAGE, LOSS OR FAILURE TO STORE ANY OF YOUR CONTENT OR OTHER DATA. IN ANY CASE, MILANO VENTURES SUPPLIERS, DISTRIBUTORS, AFFILIATES OR WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE THAT IS NOT REASONABLY FORESEEABLE AND IN ALL CASES, LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID TO MILANO VENTURES TO USE THE SERVICES (OR, IF WE CHOOSE, TO SUPPLYING YOU THE SERVICES AGAIN).
If you suspect a client of abusing our service (or have any questions regarding our policies), please do not hesitate to contact us at abuse (at) mv (dot) ie. As noted above, all complaints are investigated, and you will receive a response detailing the action we’re taking to deal with the issue.
For further explanation of any portion of this document and the terms set herein, or to determine whether your intended activities are permissible under the terms of this document, contact us at sales AT mv (dot) ie
Latest update of this AUP: 20 Sept. 2020. Please consult regularly this page for the latest updates.