The email filtering system provided by Milano Ventures’ managed services is a distributed, cloud-based, cooperative system consisting of multiple, globally distributed MX servers (mail exchange or receiving servers) located on different networks allocated by different AS (Autonomous Systems), coupled with an equally redundant and globally distributed network of SMTP servers (mail sending servers).
For redundancy purposes, these mail filtering servers are strategically located in Europe, USA and Asia. In fact, Milano Ventures’ distributed mail system has been designed for increased reliability in the event of one or multiple mail servers breakdowns, or in the event of a major national or local disaster, with embedded automatic disaster recovery based on the WorldDirector system.
Milano Ventures’ professional mail filtering system can be activated on a per-domain basis, and provides the following characteristics:
- Increased Security: Virus/Spam that never reach your computer or server, so you have a higher degree of security. However, we recommend that you also have an updated antivirus software installed on all your PCs, and regularly perform antivirus and antimalware scans for maximum protection from all types of attacks.
- Lower Bandwidth Usage: Mail is processed and filtered before it reaches your server or your PC, reducing bandwidth usage.
- Central Updates: Fully managed spam and antiviruses updates are handled by Milano Ventures, at least hourly. Multiple real-time RBL (Real-time Blackhole List(s)), including honeypot checks, are performed for all incoming email protected by our filtering system.
- User configurable filters: Antispam filters are centrally and dynamically set for optimal email filtering for all users. However, each user can set the level of filtering to receive more spam or less spam, as well as contribute to the efficiency of our filters by sending uncaught spam emails with a simple click on our webmail. Blacklist and whitelists are also supported globally or on a per-user basis.
- Ease of Use: Once your domain MX records are pointed to Milano Ventures filtering servers, everything else is processed and handled by Milano Ventures without further configuration.
- AntiSpam: The algorithms and methods used by the antispam & antivirus service and Milano Ventures mail filtering are the most comprehensive and most advanced in the industry at detecting and filtering spam resulting in the lowest rate of false positives.
- AntiVirus: We provide complete virus protection by blocking email messages containing a virus, including decompression and scanning of archives in attachments.
- Antispoofing: This technology prevents the use of forged or “spoofed” sender addresses on unsolicited email. The anti-spoofing feature also allows larger organisations to specify a list of IP addresses that are allowed to have a “From” address that appears from inside the organisation to support multiple sites and multiple email servers.
- Antiphishing: The dynamically updated AntiSpam & AntiVirus service used by Milano Ventures provides robust protection against phishing schemes which are often used to gather confidential information about an organisation or its users.Antispyware (attachments). All attachments are scanned, and any spyware executables are detected and eliminated immediately.
- Denial of Service (DOS) Protection: Rate controls are utilised to stop denial of service attacks as well as dictionary based spam attacks. These rate control systems are integrated and automatic in the antispam & antivirus service provided by Milano Ventures.
- Compatible with all e-mail servers: The antispam & antivirus service is independent of the type of mail server or mail client you are using.
- Decompression of archives: our antivirus solution unpacks and examines every individual file within archives.
- Globally distributed filtering servers: Our antispam and antivirus solution works using multiple globally distributed load balanced filters (MX servers) that are located on different network segments and at different cloud datacentres worldwide. This takes advantage of the existing WorldDirector Content Delivery Network and provides additional degrees of reliability and speed in case of network problems or failures that may happen for solutions hosted at a single provider’s site.
- No control panel: no user configuration, no customisation, fully managed solution. Foolproof, no experts needed, embedded with Milano Ventures’ human support. Use your email client (Thunderbird, Outlook, Apple Mail, etc.) or use our secure webmail.